Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tokyo National Museum - Toukyou Kokuritsu Hakubutsukan (東京国立博物館)

This is another back post from my weekend in Tokyo. I went to the Tokyo National Museum on the 17th which was my last day in Tokyo. The museum is in Ueno Park. It also has a zoo but also a large homeless population.

The museum itself has many buildings. When I was there they had a special exhibit on Cartier Jewelry. It wasn't very interested so I didn't go in.
(The main buliding)

There were a lot of pottery, kimono, samurai armor, swords, and other artifacts. I wasn't really impressed unfortunately. A museum in Japan felt like every one I have been to before. I just liked walking around with my boyfriend. I thought the gift shop was interesting. I found some good omiyage there.

The picture above is probably what I liked best out of all the things I saw that day. Apparently, they are the zodiac. It took me awhile to guess. I like the way they are arranged it reminded me of broadway.

After the museum my boyfriend took me to the emperor's palace. You can't get into the palace. There are buildings around it. My boyfriends has no idea why people come to this place but a lot of tourists come by to take pictures. He took me there to take tourist pictures too. -_-

(Looks like any other moat to me)

Walking back to the station, we also saw Tokyo tower in the distance.


And that is everything I did on my Tokyo Weekend.

No comments: